Thursday, November 15, 2018

Writing Prompt Thursday!


1- People often forget me when they shout my name at parades.
I'm rarely around those that never need aid.
I'm never around those that give in.
In this world, I am only one that taints.
I rarely infect the young.
If more had humanity I'd be likely to faint.
But I'll always watch you squirm like a tongue.

2-I can't say I'm as prominent, as I once was.
Not with the young, as I once was.
Now I'm forced to stay around the powerful, as I always have.
And rarely ever the poor, as I always have.
Though there is one thing I am sure of,
I will following any who use technology,
and I will only grow.

3-I raise your temper to the peak,
I cause wars and those to speak.
Never have I seen a generation so cruel,
Though I don't speak of the ones you think fuel
The hate I see today.
It's only when they die do I fear the hell I'll have to pay.
Unless I can cause a war.

4-I'm usually mistaken for something I'm not.
Though I love to ruin the life of that mistaken lot.
I am often seen after something is "got".
Though some see me as the form of a teen.
I am often the thing that makes you go green,
Even if the color isn't seen.
And I'll always be in your eye.

5-I'm not nearly as heavy as people think me to be.
I'm not nearly as disgusting as people think me to be.
I'm like a horseman, but not one of four.
I'd never spit you out,
but I'll chew everything up.
Never once would should you Doubt,
you'll finish all that's in your cup. 

6-I am difficult.
to define, which is why I
slept and did the least.

7- You'll never stop wanting with me around you.
You'll always need more when you feel my presence.
Whether it's to consume or to gain you'll feel that you need it.
Everyone has me in many different ways.
I'm most seen by the rich,
but can also be seen in the poor.
I'll always be seen in banks.

------------------------
Thought this was a really cool prompt, and a great way to start writing prompt Thursdays! Hope you enjoy and can figure out which poem is which sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment