Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Conner POV 3 month split 1


Conner pov
I get up once I feel they’re out of earshot. I sit up. Pain shoots through my body. I hear something run up to me from behind and I pull out my dagger ready to do what I have to. It turns out to be Lydia, the little girl we met when we were in Saosa. “Oh Mortlem, how are you not dead?” She asks me looking at the dagger in my side. I put my hand on the hilt of it. I can’t take it out right now or I’ll bleed out, but I really don’t want this in me anymore. 

“You think you can walk with that in you?” Asks Lydia.
“Depends, how far are you thinking?” I question.

She tells me she knows of someone who would be willing to let me heal at their place but it was back towards the tavern. I nod to her and she helps me get up. Everything hurts with the dagger being the worst. Every step gets worse. We walk through the trees, off of the path. I can see a house outline, but then everything goes dark. I hear people mumbling and I slowly wake with a numbing pain in my side. I look around with my vision clearing. I’m in a bed in a house with a small fire pit that has a pot over it. I can see the stairs leading up to another part of the house.

“Hey, he’s waking up.” Says Lydia.
Two figures start to walk over to me. I can tell that Lydia is the shorter one, but I’m unsure of who the other figure is. I try to sit up but the taller one pushes me back down.

“you need to stay down, that was a pretty bad wound. You’re lucky she missed anything vital.”  The figure says with an accent I’m not familiar with.

She reaches across from me and lights a couple candles. I can make out a couple of features like darker skin, and brown hair. She Lifts the blanket and takes off the bandages. I look down and see that the wound is already starting to heal. I can see the girl is surprised. She looks closer and even brings a candle to it to get a better look.

“That’s, amazing. I’ve never seen anything like that heal so fast. If it keeps going at this rate, you’ll be healed by the end of the day.” She says.


Good. I need to catch back up to Claire, I don’t want her to be stuck with Senor Shady. I know she warned me that it might come down to that, but I never could understand what she saw in him. I wish she would have realized before that whatever he had to teach couldn’t have been worth me nearly being killed by her hand. I can’t help but feel that maybe I’m not enough for her.
----------------

This is based on a part of The Divided Kingdoms when Conner and Claire have split apart. I'm still writing it, and have been for at least a year. I really want to try to show growth of Conner after he has leaned on her more than he realizes and has to wonder if he is truly anyone while also dealing with the jealousy of Claire choosing Vincent over him. 

I also have to write about him finding out about secrets his sister held from him. This should end up being a huge reason as to why he is determined to find Claire and why he isn't buddy-buddy with the gods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment