Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Dawn's Thoughts.

A long day, A forgotten night, a trampoline, and an unconventional job interview were all it took for me to change. And here I am tying a dead man to a flag post. wait, did you expect something else? I never said I changed for the better.

It didn't take us long to find the man after we left the rabid acid. He was using his new "earned" money on whatever the new drug was on the streets. It took even less time to kill him.

"Think that will do it?" I hear Thinner ask as she wrings the coffee out of her shirt.
"I never had any doubt," I answer.

I stare at the man, Dominic I believe his driver's license said. As I watch his lifeless body sway ever so gently in the wind, I can't help but wonder if we just might have overreacted a bit. Sure he robbed the place I work at, and sure we're using his death to boost our own publicity, but maybe drowning him in hot coffee wasn't the best idea...

"Hey, we should leave some type of mark here so people know this was us," I say.

Thinner nods and seems to observe the area. Eventually, she shrugs and pulls out a small knife. I hope she doesn't plan to use her own blood, we may be already known to the world as villains, but we don't need the police to know who we really are.

She walks back over to the man and takes off his shoe. She makes a little slit in his foot and allows some of the blood to pour out. It may not be the wisest decision but I use the tip of his shoe and do my best to draw both of our symbols from the pool of the blood.

"I'm no artist, but I don't think that's half bad," I say tossing his shoe to the side.

She looks at me and gives an approving nod, which is more than enough for me.
------------------------------------------------------------
After a truly productive night, with the promise of an interesting headline in the morning, I parted ways from Thinner. As I entered my apartment I saw a figure sitting in my kitchen. Ruby, no doubt.

"Can I help you?" I ask her.

she turns around with her usual smug grin and crosses her legs.

"A letter of course. From Mystic, probably full of disapproving words," she says.
"Did you read it?" I ask, crossing over to the living room falling down onto the couch, not realizing just how tired I am.
"Of course I did." Ruby laughed as she handed me the letter.

I thank her and open the letter trying my best to keep focus to read it.

Dawn,
I would have waited to tell you this the next time I saw you if I could trust to see you soon but as you have recently decided to share a friendly space with a certain undesirable character I fear I will not know the next time I will see you. 

Someone recently told me they spotted a man in all black with eyes that seemed robotic. Though I cannot be certain this source is reliable, I urge you to be careful of the strangers you come across. Keep your eyes out and your guard up. 

Your neighborhood friend, 
Mystic. 

My heart races as I read this, but my mind won't let me focus on it for long as I quickly slip into sleep.
Read more here--> https://www.wattpad.com/user/VillainsOverHeros

No comments:

Post a Comment